martes, 18 de mayo de 2010

Artists profile: Maia Ibar




Maia Ibar, born in 1982, is a part French-Basque part American painter, musician and artists. She currently resides in New York.

About her work in her own words:

"I am Investigating the process of painting, video, drawing, and of making music as rituals connected and related to mind body and spirit. The journey and process are a way to teach my higher sub-conscious, revealing my deepest emotions and my path through life.

Spirits appear to me with personalities and character. They grow inside of my head organically like a plant. It starts small and little by little the pieces grow from each other like a tree. There is something bigger out there that I'm trying to connect to: Maybe it's the cosmos or maybe it's the unknown. There is balance and unbalance. I believe my mind fluctuates between these two points. Sometimes there is order, in composition,in color harmony,order in my emotions that translate directly into clear symbols. Other times, I am not in control, I cannot even begin to describe it here because that would mean that I know it and that I am in control of it. It is the unbalance in me, it is the unknown in life, in what we don't understand, in the issues that are destructive to balance. The un-aesthetic, the chaos, life and death,the frustration of what isn't good, what isn't beautiful; This is the side that fights me and that I have to express through my art. I seek to let myself trust what I don't know. That is what I am trying to get to when I am working. It is the thing that makes us be, the automatic sense that makes us breathe. It is what makes us trust and continue."


More of her work here.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario